Thursday 16 May 2013

Exhaustion!

Hey everyone! :)

So toady is Thursday and I'm a day late with my post...whoops! You'll have to forgive me because last night I fell asleep on my laptop keyboard when I was watching television and the next thing I knew it was too late to even try and write a blog post. So my apologizes for making you wait the one extra day! On the plus side you'll be able to read two blog posts back to back because I will be posting again tomorrow and returning to my regular schedule...hopefully. I've been exhausted lately due to a few reasons, the biggest one being the lack of sleep I've been getting.

I took this off tumblr and I think it is a perfect representation of my sleep cycle.
I haven't been feeling too great the last few weeks as spring has come around and I think I've finally been hit by allergies of some sort. Of what? No clue, but I am going to say it is just generic hay-fever allergies that everyone seems to get this time of year. Well, not everyone but everyone I know. Therefore, I should be sleeping more and getting rest but nope, that isn't how my body wants to play this game. Instead I am constantly stuck in the Extremely Hyper stage of sleep in the above post up until the time my body completely gives out on me. Is this a good thing? Not at all, and I know it. Yet I somehow think that I'm able to live off of four hours of sleep and withstand a full day of activities. Haha, no. That is not possible at all.

The second reason why I am so exhausted is the fact that I've been working a lot more at my part-time job since summer has come around and I'm a broke university student. So as everyone who has a job knows, I'm stuck trying to make money to afford to go to school and feed my favourite activities and hanging out with friends. Generally work isn't too bad, as I'm used to getting two, at the most three, shifts in a week but since I finished for the summer in April, it's been double that and my body isn't quite used to the changes yet. Hopefully that will change and won't be too stressful on me in the end since I would appreciate more energy in my life.

Along the lines of getting more energy I've started going to the gym again. Woo Hoo! At least, I'm kinda excited to be going back because it is the only thing that wakes me up in the morning and gives me enough energy to go for a few hours. I tend to get up super early in the morning and head up to the gym and work out for an hour or an hour and a half, doing all sort of regiments that vary from day to day. I think the reason that I've started going more regularly and trying to keep a strict pattern of what I am doing is because of my self-esteem and self-conscious issues, but that is a topic for another day!

So I am going to keep this short and sweet because I'm still so over-tried that my eyes are heavy with wanting to sleep. Hopefully tomorrow the post will be better and I've got a huge post planned out in my head for it. Thanks to everyone who waited patiently for a post, it really means a lot to me! I hope everyone is looking forward to the weekend (for some people it is a long weekend this weekend, so enjoy the holiday) and remember that tomorrow is Friday!

Cheers! x

-A (somelittlebirds)

2 comments:

  1. The photo represent my sleeping pattern as well!! It's just not good!!! :)

    Lots of Love xx
    Christina
    http://christinathorup.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ouch I know that feeling! Hopefully you manage to get some more and better sleep with the beginning of summer!

      Cheers! x

      Delete