Saturday 11 May 2013

A little shopping trip!

Hey everyone! :)

I cannot believe how quickly the week has gone by, already it is Saturday night! It is absolutely crazy to think that this blog is only a week old, but I am glad to see that I've kept up with a kind of routine of posting! On that note, I mentioned the other day that I had gone shopping and I felt like I should put up some pictures of the things that I picked up. It isn't a very long list since I am a university student who is saving up money to afford school and text books in September. Therefore, a lot of the things you're going to see are going to be from the store I work in, simply because it is better to get a discount for things then have to pay full price. Wonderful, now I sound like a crazy couponer don't I? Well before we get further into that hole, let's begin with the first store.

The first place that I picked some shirts up at was SmartSet. This has to be one of my favourite stores, simply because they always have trendy and nice things in there that generally last for a long period of time.

Original Price $35.00 Sale Price $19.99 size. XL
I really love this shirt since it is light and summery feeling. You know when you put on a shirt and it just feels like it is summertime? That is the same feeling that I get in this shirt. It is longer on the back since I'm self-conscious about my bum and am always tugging things down over it. It's a mixture of dressy and flirty, due to the see-through nature of it; meaning you could wear it to work with a pair of dress pants or with a pair of leggings to hang out with some friends. I'm a big fan of multipurpose outfits since you get more value out of it! :)
Original Price $16.00 Sale Price 2 for $26.00 size. XL
I decided while I was in the store that I should find something to go under a few of the see-through shirts that I've been buying recently. Generally I stick to plain white so that people can't really tell what I've got under it and don't notice that the shirt is see-through. Considering the colours in the shirt (which you can't see very well in the picture, I'm sorry!) I thought that picking this darker blue would be a nice pop of colour under it. I love the royal blue colour and I have another shirt in a similar colour that I wear to a lot of special events!

Original Price $16.00 Sale Price 2 for $26.00 size. XL

So this shirt was brought with the same intent as the first tanktop, just to go under clothing. The picture that I took does not justice to the beautiful colour. It is similar to that of the long-sleeve shirt and the best way I can describe it would be a light green, almost mint, colour. It is really light and could easily be worn under anything for a pop of colour! I love it and the feel of it is really nice as well, not too clingy but not overly loose either.

The second store that I went to was Winners! Now this is a store that I love because of the amazing deals that you can get from it and the fact that I get a discount since I work at one of their branches. So it is always nice to find amazing savings there! :)

Workshop Andrea Jovine Original Price$16.99 size. L
So if anyone has ever been into a Winners or Marshalls before, you'll know that they often get items in that aren't so well known. I wanted just a plain black t-shirt since I'm looking to find a colourful Maxi skirt and want a plain top for it. So I found this when I went into work today and it really was just a simple thing. Not to mention the fact that I do a lot of theatre and I always struggle to find something black in my closet for that. Now, I'll never need to worry again!

Black Professional Line Anti-Frizz System Original Price $4.99 size. 500mL
So stepping away from the clothing now, I decided that it would be a good idea to pick up a new shampoo. My grandmother told me that sometimes it was a good idea to switch up the kind of shampoo that you're using so that your hair doesn't get too used to it and the product doesn't build up. If that is true or not, I have no idea. I liked the look and smell of the shampoo but I'll let you all know how it goes when I've used it a couple of times! :)

Original Price $6.99 size. 296mL
I am super excited to try out this new conditioner, as lame as that sounds! I have always been stuck using whatever was in the shower because I've never found another one that I really loved or wanted to try. This one caught my attention due to the addition of lime and the look of the bottle. Call me crazy but I make a lot of decisions based on packaging and I liked this one straight away. So again, I'll let you know how it goes when I start using it and if it lives up to the promises of recovering and rejuvenating my hair!

Cool & Crisp, Fresh Original Price $7.99 size. 200mL
This is a product that I've read rave reviews about and seen a lot of people using for their hair. It is a dry shampoo and I've never tried one before. I had bought a different one and read terrible reviews for it, so I've been scared to try it (I'll show it next since I bought it the day before this one). So when I found out that this was sold at my job for what seemed like a really good price I thought why not. I have super high hopes for this dry shampoo and again I'll give a little review of it once I've seen it and compared it with the other one and the other reviews given. I decided to go with the Cool and Crisp scent as I'm very worried about strong smells and I heard they were super strong smelling a lot of the time. We'll see I guess huh?

Finally, I bought the last item at the Great Canadian Superstore! Yes, I bought something other then food at the grocery store. If you've ever been into the Superstore before, you'll know that they have a huge range of make-up, hair care, and health products, so I figured that it might be a good idea to check it out while I was there. Why not right? You never know what you're going to be able to find there.

Smoothing for straight/normal hair Original Price $4.29 Sale Price $3.80 size. 200mL
Last, but not least, is the second bottle of dry shampoo. I've been going to the gym a lot lately and I didn't want to take a shower every morning before going when I'd be taking one the minute I got home. My hair tends to get oily and greasy rather quickly if I don't wash it at night so I'm hoping that a dry shampoo would help to at least make the next day pony-tails look better. I've read terrible reviews about this product, but I'll keep you updated about it's usage. It was a good price and I was just desperate. We'll see if I just wasted the money or if it is worth it to keep on hand.

Whew! A really long blog post, and I hope that you all didn't get bored through it! At least you had really nice pictures to look at? Before anyone asks, yes that is a carpet for the background, but was the only solid and flat area that I had on hand. It worked well for tonight but the next time I'll try and find a better place or a better lighting source so that the shadows aren't as bad. I'm learning, I'll get it eventually, I promise that much. Thank you so much for keeping up with week one of the blog, keep your eyes pealed for a post. I've decided to try and post something every other day, so next week it will start up on Monday! Have a wonderful weekend and I'll see you all after Mother's Day! 

Cheers! x
-A (somelittlebirds)

4 comments:

  1. LOVE shopping at Winners and Superstore! They always have at least one thing that catches my eye :) looks like you had a very successful shopping trip!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it so much as well! I wish I was having more luck trying to find a nice coral maxi skirt, no where is selling them. It is getting super frustrating.

      Delete
  2. I've really been wanting to try the Batiste shampoo. In fact, I was going to buy it today online but then I read that it's a spray and I don't know how I feel about that. Currently, I use Tresemme's dry shampoo and it's a pump with a mousse-like formula, which I like. The actual product is okay but I still would like to find something a little better. I guess I'll keep looking but I'm curious to know how you like Batiste. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Victoria!
    So far I have only used two spray style ones so I don't know for sure how they will compare :) However I am planning on reviewing it on Monday's blog post so keep your eyes peeled for that! :)

    Cheers! x

    ReplyDelete