Thursday 9 May 2013

A day well spent?

Hey everyone! :)

So today was the first day in a while that I haven't been going out for some reason or another and haven't really been doing too much. So I know a lot of this is going to sound boring, it was a really boring day, but I did do one thing that was insanely fun! I spent 6 hours on Omegle. Yes, that is right, 6 hours worrying that any moment I was going to come face to face with dirty old men or dark shady images that are only asking for trouble. Truly terrifying. Why would I keep looking, you may be asking yourself? For one simple reason; Alfie Deyes. It all began with one simple tweet at about 11pm (23:00 for those on the military clock), which has since been deleted. It was a simple request, to go and try to find him on Omegle. At 11:00 I figured that it wouldn't be a difficult thing since most people would probably be tried since they would have school the next day or they were in school or something to that nature. My gosh, was I wrong. Oh so very wrong. I spent 3 solid hours searching that website, trying to figure out where on earth he could be and if it was even a real thing. At about the hour and a half point I was 100% sure that he had lied and the major plan was for all the "Alfans" to become friends with each other.

So after those three hours, I decided that it was time for bed since he promised to continue the search the following day in about 12 hours. Now, for anyone who knows me, 12 hours would mean that it was 2:00 pm (14:00) when he would look again, I am never up within twelve hours of going to sleep. I'm sorry but if I am not doing something productive I am not going to get up for no reason. So of course, I promptly slept through it. Oh well, I thought to myself, there is always next time. Little did I know that Alfie also seemed to have forgotten the twelve hour mention he had made. Instead at about 6:00pm (18:00) he tweeted;

Taken from Twitter, I claim nothing as my own and give full credit to the original poster.
So of course the hunt began all over again. I am sad to say that I never managed to find him, or any of the other Youtubers that had joined in the search to meet some fans and each other (silly Sprinkleofglitter opening the flood gates) but I am so happy that a lot of people did! I think the most fun that I had while searching was the wonderful conversations that I had with people while I was looking and the new friends that I met while I was looking. It is my belief that you should be nice to everyone and wish everyone luck so that is what I did. I started every conversation with people asking if they had any luck so far and then having a quick conversation with them. The people that I talked with for a while (I am surprised they just didn't leave right away and keep looking but I am glad that they didn't) I am still continuing to speak with through twitter. It really was a good way to build friendships, so hats off to Alfie for that.

So that is everything that I think I want to talk about today, and I know that it isn't very good. I wish that I had something better for you to all read then just this--especially if you have no idea who I am talking about--but it was a boring day. I did a bit of shopping this week so I am thinking that I am going to post up some pictures of that and let you know how I like the items maybe? Let me know if that is something that you might like to see. If enough people do take a fancy to it then I'll try and make it more regular, or maybe a favourites post at the end of the month? I don't know, we'll see what happens since I'm still trying to find an identity for the blog.

I'll talk to you all soon!

Cheers! x
-A (somelittlebirds)

4 comments:

  1. OMG I love Alfie! I tried search too buy I didn't find him either :( I hope he makes another video though just like Caspar Lee made a 'part 2'
    http://pink-puffins.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fingers crossed I guess! It will depending on how much editing he has to do with it and how much his fans ask for it, haha :)

      Delete
  2. :( i'm a bit gutted you didn't find him!
    all that effort!

    Hopefully next time <3
    Great post x

    Natali Crystal x
    www.divagirlstrikesagain.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw don't feel too gutted! It was wonderful to meet all the friends that I did anyways so that makes it all worth the effort! :)

    ReplyDelete