Wednesday 14 August 2013

HIATUS EXPLAINED!?



Hey everyone! :)

So, I feel like I have some kind of explaining to do for all of you. About two months or so ago I dropped off the face of the earth, oh no! I didn’t really anticipate that length of hiatus but once I stopped writing it was like the world around me decided to explode into a million pieces. So June 13th seems like forever ago so let me try and fill some of the events in that drove me to stay off writing for such a long time.

The biggest thing that has taken up a lot of my time recently has been work! Goodness for someone who is only working part-time I have been spending more hours in the store then I have at home. So as you can imagine I am constantly tired and trying to prepare for the next day. This week alone I have been in at work every single day for at least six hours, sometimes more. Okay so more likely then not six hours because we’ve been getting in a ton of stock and they desperately need people to process and put it out. That aside, I’ve been dealing with a lot of stress from a new position at work and the last thing I need is to start falling asleep while trying to do that. So it has been a lot of early nights, which severely cuts back my ability to keep a working muse and motivation going to write a blog post. Now that things are settling down a tad with stuff I should be able to keep up a more regular schedule.

The second major thing that has kept me away from the blog has been my great aunt visiting Canada for the first time in a long time and probably for the last time. She was here from the beginning of July until the end of the month to spend some time with my grandmother and their sisters. This meant that I was dragged to a lot of events and outings as a driver and because “it is the right thing to do”. So on top of working like a mad-man I was being taken all over the town to try and show my family a good time. Again, now that she has gone back home I have a lot more time on my hands to write and brainstorm ideas with people. Having said that, if you have anything you want to see on the blog then please let me know in the comments below and I’ll add it to the ever growing list!

Now as some of you might remember, I was blogging almost every other day, every single week. That pace, while it was a good idea initially, I won’t be able to keep with since I will have both work and school (in September) competing for my attention as well. What does this mean for the blog? I am going to try and stick to a more concrete and easy to follow layout. I’ve decided that I am going to keep my Review Monday (insert link to the last review) and TGIF (insert link to last TGIF) planned days going as normal. The following week I will be posting on Thursday and Saturday (for the time being those days seem like the most viable, they may change if I find they are too conflicting) on whatever topics you want to talk about or if I have something that has taken my interest in the week.

Don’t fret everyone, I am not planning on going anywhere for a long period of time like that again! I hated leaving everyone and loosing contact with some of the amazing people that I have met on the blog. I will be going back to responding to comments and checking out your blogs right away! If you have followed me on Twitter or Tumblr, you can expect more coming from those outlets as well.

That’s all for today, you can expect the new schedule to get going a week after this post, so keep an eye out for that! If you wish to keep up with my updates feel free to follow me on Bloglovin, Twitter or Tumblr, if you wish. If not then that is perfectly fine as well!

Cheers! x


-A

No comments:

Post a Comment