Thursday 13 June 2013

Body Shop Madness


Hey everyone! :)

I was cleaning my room the other day to try and sort some things out for university next year when I came across all the bags from the Body Shop that I've been keeping. So I decided to set it all up and write up a little bit about all of them! I know that it is a crazy amount but I have a friend who worked there for about six months and would manage to talk me into buying things all the time. To save all of you the trouble of searching through a lot of pictures for an item that you would like I've separated it out into three different sections; sprays, creams (split into two parts), and hand sanitizers. Hopefully it will keep it a little bit more organized and make it easier to find some things.

Body Mists


From left to right; Brazil Nut Body Mist, Jasmine & White Frangipani Body, Room, & Linen Spritz, and Moringa Body Mist
I think my favourite thing about the body shop would have to be the amazing scents that they have all the time! I'm not a big fan of strong perfumes that linger in the air when you walk by, but something softer to just refresh yourself throughout the day. So these kind of smells are amazing.

Brazil Nut Body Mist

This is my newest body mist and is already one of my favourite ones! I find it difficult to smell the nutty fragrance that they promise, but I do think it smells sweet and devine. When I first put on the mist, my grandfather swore that we were baking cookies and that is the scent that it reminds me of as well. It gives off a freshly baked cookies smell, which might just be the smell of the nut and I'm just not used to it. I've found myself using this on almost a daily basis (for about two weeks now) and it has hardly gone down at all. I won't lie, I am generous when I spray on body mist so I love a product that lasts for quite some time.

Jasmine & White Frangipani Body, Room, & Linen Spritz

I actually picked up this by mistake when I was shopping at Homesense. I didn't realize that the store stocked some of the Body Shop products and I happened to love the smell of it when I was looking for a room spray to get rid of cooking smells and for a light body spray. So when I found out where it was from, I knew that I was going to get my money's worth. I got this around Christmas time and it is still about three-quarters full, which is pretty good. I am not the kind of person to like that floral smell, but it isn't over-powering but does a good job of covering bad odours for the long run. I've never used this on any kind of linen so I couldn't tell you how long it would stay on fabrics for or how it applies to that, I'm sorry! I do love the sweet and soft smell of it though, especially because the smell of Jasmine is one of my favourite scents.

 Moringa Body Mist

This was a recommendation from my aunt who loved the smell of it and convinced my grandmother to buy it as a part of my birthday gift. I am so glad that she did because the smell is amazing! It is soft, sweet, and subtly floral which appears to be turning into one of my most common smells. As you can see, the bottle is almost empty (even though I've only had it since February)  but that is because my grandmother is constantly using it as well and spraying it into the room whenever she wants the smell. So I guess it has held up for quite some time with the amount it has been used. I find it the perfect summer scent, though any of the three would be amazing, as well as being girly and sweet enough for a variety of ages.

Creams

From left to right; Aloe Soothing Day Cream (Sensitive Skin), Jolly Orange Body Butter, and Aloe Soothing Night Cream (Sensitive Skin)
These are the creams that I use on a regular/semi-regular basis. Without them you have no idea how dry and horrible my skin would be. Of course it isn't perfectly smooth since it has always been dry but too sensitive to use deep moisturizing creams without getting some kind of reaction. My hands are probably worse then my face because of the retail work that I do and the amount of money and hangers I handle on a regular basis. It just helps to keep them from peeling and encouraging me to tug on the dry skin (which is a bad habit of mine).

Aloe Soothing Day Cream


This is one of the products that my friend convinced me to try out after seeing how badly my other creams had been treating my face. She has always had amazing skin and always knows what she is talking about, so I decided that it was worth a shot. Trust me, I've never been so happy in my life. The cream is not very thick since they expect it to be worn throughout the day on a regular basis so it is more of a product that you could leave all day long or reapply when you felt like you needed to. I personally wear it and go simply because it is easier. I find that it absorbes rather quickly, which means that you don't feel really greasy after you put it on. The only downside I find is that it is really difficult to build with, putting make up on overtop, because it doesn't create the greatest grip for any other products.

Aloe Soothing Night Cream


This product works together with the day cream to try and restore as much moisture back into your skin as possible. So of course, my friend sold me on the package so I've been using this on every time I use the day one. This cream is a lot thicker, but a little goes a long way. It isn't greasy feeling, but you can feel it on your skin when you are getting ready for bed. I tend to put it on right before bed so that by the time I'm actually falling asleep (as well as tossing and turning) the cream has almost fully absorbed into my skin. Though the packaging appears small, it honestly lasts for a long time because of the minimal amount that has to be applied. I find my skin is softer and not as flakey in my very dry spots when I use this cream at night in a good quantity (I mean actually taking time to apply it rather then just putting it on very lightly because I am lazy or too tired) so it truly holds its value.

Jolly Orange Body Butter


So as you might be able to tell, I haven't been able to find the link to this on the Body Shop website! This leads me to believe that it is no longer available, as I've had this for about two years and I've just begun to use it. I use a lot of body butters form various places so it has taken me some time to get to this one. Truth be told, it isn't one of my favourite. I don't know if it is because I've waited for so long to use it but I find that the texture to it is rather hard and not very creamy. I've been putting it on while doing my nails and I find that this strange waxy feeling settles onto my hands for a little while after using it. Plus, I don't really smell any kind of orange to it at all, but something else entirely. It is made with orange seed oil yet it isn't overly oily when you apply it which is both good and bad. Maybe if the oil came through a bit more it wouldn't feel as waxy after using it.

Creams (pt 2.)

Tea Tree Blemish Fade Night Lotion
First, I apologize heavily for the blurry photograph! My camera that I was using started to go crazy on me and then completely died. I didn't have the time to get a better photograph, so I am very sorry. However, the Body Shop website has a more clear image for you to take a look at. 

The reason that I left this image separate from the others is because I don't use it on a regular basis. The only time I've been using it is when I want to try and get rid of a blemish or a red mark left from a pimple, bug bite, etc. I've noticed that it really does help with it! I tend to get minimal scaring from pimples for a short period of time and I find that it rapidly goes away with the help of this cream. A little bit goes a long way and one or two pumps is usually enough to cover the spots. I love the smell of it as well! It isn't overly fragrant  that it becomes annoying, but a light scent that just makes you feel like your skin is getting all the good oils from the cream. I love the feel of it as well due to the medium thickness of it; thick enough to put on all night but light enough to put on during the day if you need to. I have to thank my friend again for this one, I truly owe her one!

Hand Sanitizers

From left to right; Grapefruit, Mango, Strawberry, Aloe, Satsuma, Coconut

 The final one comes from me being crazy about wanting to keep my hands clean all the time. When I went into the store to pick up the Brazil Nut Body Mist I decided to pick up a few of the hand sanitizers  as well to keep in my purse, at work, etc. Well I found out that it was buy two get one free so I bought...six. I love the feel of them, as strange as that sounds, simply because they almost feel like they have a type of lotion in them that spreads along your hands well but doesn't dry them out like a lot of types. The only downside I've found with them is that the smell is so over powering! Even if you use one drop it it, the smell is enough to knock you over. So I would advise being careful about using these in public because some people cannot take the powerful smell. They are made small, so they are perfect for travelling places and also tuck into a purse for when you're handling money or credit/debit cards. I am not 100% sure if all the kinds that I've shown above are sold worldwide, I'm buying in Canada mind you, so I would keep an eye out!

Overall, you can see I spend way too much time in the Body Shop. I really shouldn't be allowed to go in there anymore. I love the all nature, Fair Trade products that they sell because it makes me feel a lot better about spending so much money. I know for a fact that the money is going to the people who actually sell the products at a proper exchange rate.

Cheers! x

-A

PS. I am so sorry that this is a date late! I spent a lot of time trying to get the last two images over again and I just couldn't do it in time to post it up! I'm still going to try and post tomorrow (depending on work) so keep an eye out for that!



2 comments:

  1. So much body shop stuff! I haven’t had chance to try any of thier body mist's yet, but I keep reading that they are really good and smell lush. Might have to treat myself... well it is the weekend! Great review xxx
    http://www.heroineinheels.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The mists are amazing! They are really good to just freshen up throughout the day and are far lighter then most perfumes and such. Cheers! x

      Delete